We’re looking to recruit a senior DevOps Engineer for our client in Amsterdam.
• Function as a technical generalist responsible for the overall health and performance of our technology.
• Develop automation for the management of (deployment, administration and monitoring) of our SAAS environments.
• Gain deep application-level knowledge of the systems as well as contributing to their overall design.
• Work with development and operations teams to harden, enhance, document and generally improve the operability of our systems.
• Assist in the configuration/build-out of new deployments to facilitate our constant growth.
• Work closely with development and operations teams and participate in the development process.
• Participate in a 24*7 operations environment.
• Manage software deployments to production environments.
• Manage/support/optimize Development and UAT environments.
• Configuration and support of applications and systems monitoring.
• Support Development and Operations teams.
• Systems wide Automation and standardization of a mixed-platform environment.
• Systems performance and capacity issues minimized
• SCRUM team KPI’s
• Deployment frequency
• Time to recovery
• Reduce failure rate
• Optimize and streamline processes
Required skills and experience:
• At least 5 years IT system administration experience –SAAS environment preferred
• Exposure to globally distributed Infrastructure
• Windows (preferably MCSE or equivalent)
• MS SQL (preferably MSDBA)
• Citrix XenApp
• Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu)
• Webserver (IIS, Nginx, Apache etc)
• Exposure to Orchestration software Puppet, Chef, Ansible etc.
• Experience with at least one of the following Scripting languages; Python, Ruby, Bash, PowerShell.
• Load balancers (Netscaler, nginx etc)
• Scripting using existing API’s (e.g Netscaler Nitro, Vmware Vsphere API, etc)
• Version control (Git)
• Familiarity with the Agile methodology and SCRUM principals
• A good understanding of web systems performance and capacity; monitoring and analysis, performance testing, prediction and remediation – tools, techniques and controls
• Familiarity with VMWare API’s
• Troubleshoot and analyze systems, perform fault resolution, and configuration management towards achieving optimum operating efficiency.
• Support and maintain the Windows 2008/2012 and Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu) Server enterprise infrastructure in a heterogeneous, mixed-platform environment
• Knowledge of IP Network, Load Balancers and Firewall configurations
• Provide out of office hours support
• Understand and adopt new technologies quickly
• Strong focus on automation
• Comfortable with collaboration, open communicator, and able to reach across departmental boundaries
• A holistic view of the technical environment
45 to 55 k a year gross.
Approx. 38 to 44k net.
+ Extensive benefits package.
No relocation reimbursement.
Please send your CV in English on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the Job position that you are applying for.