• You practice significant knowledge of data warehousing technologies and demonstrate expert knowledge in one or more ETL and ELT technologies and will develop in the open source ETL tool Talend with the underlying postgreSql database Greenplum.
• You understand database architectures as well as the implications of different database designs and data store technologies.
• You think in processes and in data structures.
• You understand the benefits of the various design methodologies and recognize system deficiencies and implement effective solutions.
• Monitor the data warehouse system in all his aspects, respond and implement efficiency improvements.
• Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
• You develop and maintain relationships with internal client personnel by communicating effectively with them to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
• You are open for effective team interaction and acknowledges and appreciate each team member’s contributions.
• Work with application development staff to develop database architectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures.
• Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
• Develop routines for end-users to facilitate best practices database use.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Education level equivalent to at least that of Dutch higher professional education (HBO) or equivalent
• At least 4 years demonstrable experience in data warehousing technologies
• Knowledge of webservices, json, linux and sql oriented languages like MySql and PostgreSql.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team according to the Agile Scrum methodology
• Experience with high-traffic websites (>300.000 visits a day)
• Enjoyment in contacts with customers and ability to give a clear answer to their questions.
• Ability to think out of the box and no difficulties in finding solutions to problems
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Stress tolerant and flexible.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Fluent in English is or fluent in Dutch language.
Salary: depending on skill level (gross 4000-4500 for a senior)
Relocation package is available for those who meet all requirements
Please send your CV in English on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the Job position that you are applying for.